Jul 28, 2011 / 0 Comments
- The FTA announced the availability of $30 million for a new Veterans Transportation and Community Living Initiative. Competitive capital assistance grants will be awarded to local transportation providers and other groups around the country to improve coordination and delivery of information through “one-call” or “one click” centers. (FTA News Release)
- The FTA earlier announced the availability of $15 million for transportation improvements on rural tribal lands under the FTA's Tribal Transit Program. (FTA News Release, Federal Register (pdf))
- A new TCRP report (Report 146) provides guidance to transit agencies considering adoption of alternative fuel buses. Tools are provided to identify the issues, costs, and benefits of various available alternative fuel technologies.
- Also recently released, TCRP Synthesis 89 documents the experiences of transit providers in engaging the public and explores strategies for improving public participation.
- Smart Growth America announces that a webinar about the TIGER (Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery) program will be offered August 3rd for rural transportation and planning practitioners. The webinar is being offered by a parternship between the following organizations: the American Public Transportation Association, the National Association of Development Organizations, the National League of Cities, PolicyLink, Reconnecting America, Rural Assembly, Smart Growth America, and Transportation for America.
Categories: Transit Industry News